52. Can a person receive the Holy Ghost without being baptized in water?
Yes, and there is an example of this in the scripture. The experience (the spirit of truth)however leads him to the necessity of being baptized in water afterwards.
– Acts 10: 44
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured
46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God, then answered Peter,
47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.