98. Are Christians expected to be separated from the world?
Yes. We are expected to live in the world, but not to be of the world, as it would render us unequally yoked and out of line with the Scriptures.
2 Corinthians 6:14
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial?or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?for ye are the temple of the living God: as God hath said. I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separated, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you…